Plaque describing Calabasas Adobe reads, "This adobe was built by Miguel Leonis in the early 1870's. The chain of title extends from the King of Spain to the present owners. To commemorate the early settlement of this area this plaque is placed by Topanga Parlor No. 269. Native Daughters of the Golden West. May 2, 1953." Photo dated: August 7, 1962.