Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Photo of construction at the Burbank Public Service Department yard. Construction of the PSD administration building began in January, 1948, and was completed in July, 1949. Built at a cost of $500,000, the two-story, air-conditioned structure was part of a $6-million construction program planned by Public Service Department General Manager James H. McCambridge. The building was dedicated August 11, 1949. The Public Service Department, formed in 1913, changed its name to Burbank Water and Power in 2001.
nonprojected graphic 4 x 5 b&w negative
islandora:459 local: cco00450
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Energy facilities--Building--1940s--Construction workers--Water towers--Building materials