Copyrighted. Rights are owned by Tulare County Library. Copyright Holder has given Institution permission to provide access to the digitized work online. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the Copyright Holder. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
In Tulare, CA, this was the 100 block of South J (Front) Street after the great fire of August, 1886. The French Hotel, built in 1883 and later becoming the St. Maxon, was at this site. The arched building at the right was the Bacigalupi Building. Temporary quarters have been set up on the east side of the street by Schenk's Barber Shop and A. P. Hall, jeweler. The temporary wooden buildings at right foreground housed Dan Miller's Retreat, Frank Willie's Barber Shop, and a restaurant. (Photo courtesy of Ellen Gorelick, Director, Tulare Historical Museum)
Unknown 1 Print of 1
Tulare County Library California Revealed is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.