This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
For several generations, beginning at the turn of the Twentieth century, Wright and Kimbrough were the prime real estate developers of Sacramento. Their designs have been described as ‘artistic’ ‘improved’ and ‘modern in every particular’ and the company was known to remain on the cutting edge in terms of the latest in conveniences, utilities, and development.
In 1913, Wright and Kimbrough were featured in an article called “Artistic Bungalows in Big Demand” with re: to their projects on tract 21. “The building of these 12 homes brings the total of homes built in Wright and Kimbrough tract #21 up to 65 houses. Wright and Kimbrough have experienced a very satisfying success with this property.”
And in 1922, Wright and Kimbrough donated two furnished homes for exhibition during “Better Homes” week, an organized effort by the women’s branch of the Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with a national movement for finer homes and better equipment.
Wright and Kimbrough was also there at the approach of World War 2, which created a wave of new expansion in population, jobs, and housing for the city of Sacramento. This Wright and Kimbrough ad from 1938 reads:
“College Tract Addition Number 1 offers you every advantage for better living. Beautiful William Land Park with its recreational facilities and scenic beauty is but a short distance away. Sacramento’s finest schools are located within this area. Wright and Kimbrough College Tract Addition Number 1 lies between Land Park Drive and Riverside Blvd. – just north of College Tract. The last remaining unsubdivided acreage between 21st Street and Riverside Blvd. Most desirably located in the heart of Sacramento’s newest home developments.