Use of digital images found on this website is permitted for private or personal use only. This material may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code). To request permission for reuse of this image select this link to our web request form: https://library.csuchico.edu/special-collections/license
View of Fourth Street with various businesses and buildings in Orland, Glenn County circa February 1912 Fourth street: This was taken about 1912. At the right can be seen the corner of the former Hotel Orland, now the Dunwoody Building. The vacant lot is now occupied by Johansen's, Maxon's, and Taylor's. The building in this lot burned shortly before and resulted in the formation of the Orland Fire Department. Note the tank house in the rear of the hotel, the vacant lot at the corner has been cleared for the Masonic Temple, and the building to the north.