Title supplied by cataloger. The first Long Beach Municipal Auditorium was built in 1905 on the east side of the municipal pier at Seaside and Pine Ave. for a capacity crowd of 6000. A wooden-frame construction with supporting pillars, the upper deck collapsed on May 15, 1913, during the "British Empire Day" celebration. The auditorium was replaced in 1932 by the second Long Beach Municipal Auditorium. A line of men stand on top of the cliff overlooking the beach scene in Long Beach. Groups of people walk down the pier, left, past the first Long Beach Municipal Auditorium. Other pavilions and buildings extend on the beach north of the auditorium.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints