New president for Painting Contractors Association
Valley Times Photo Collection
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Title supplied by cataloger. The classic 50s-style coffee shop was located at 6006 Lankershim Boulevard in North Hollywood. Hody's Restaurant was owned by Sidney Hoedemaker, founder of the original and very popular Pig 'n Whistle and Melody Lane chains. Photograph caption dated December 11, 1959 reads, "Painting Contractors - William E. Catron, right, newly installed president of the San Fernando Valley Painting Contractors Association, receives gavel from retiring president D. Gaylord West at ceremonies at Hody's Restaurant, North Hollywood."
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
San Fernando Valley Painting Contractors Association San Fernando Valley Painting Contractors Association--Presidents Hody's (Restaurant : Los Angeles, Calif.) Gavels--California--Los Angeles Clubs--California--Los Angeles Associations, institutions, etc.--California--Los Angeles Restaurants--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) North Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs