Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Howard Supply Company was founded by Harold Howard back in 1937. The company grew from the original location to include thirteen stores stretching from Los Angeles to the San Francisco Bay area. Their first printed catalog appeared in 1954, contained 844 pages and was considered "the source book" for information and ordering of supplies. In 1977 Republic Steel Corporation purchased Howard Supply from the late Mr. Howard's family and that company became a division of Republic Supply Company. In 1983, Republic Steel and LTV Steel merged. Howard Supply Company was spun off from Republic Supply in 1987 and continues today under the same ownership. In October 2000 the company completed the acquisition of E&H Industrial Supplies, Inc. and in September 2001, it completed the acquisition of Justis Supply & Machine. Aerial view of Howard Supply Company, located at 5125 S. Santa Fe Avenue in Vernon; view is looking northwest. Santa Fe Avenue is from bottom left corner to middle right; 51st Street is lower right to upper left; numerous warehouses are seen throughout. Photograph dated September 26, 1957.
1 negative :safety ;11 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives