Exterior view of La Pintoresca Hotel in Pasadena. A horse-drawn trolley can be seen on the tracks in front of the hotel. Known as the Painter Hotel which opened in 1888, it was the third large hotel enterprise in Pasadena. It was built on the N.E. corner of Fair Oaks Avenue and Washington Street, which is now a City Park. It was the distinguishing landmark of North Pasadena, and is historical because of other large enterprises connected with it. After the death of John Painter the name was changed to La Pintoresca. The hotel was later destroyed by fire, December 31, 1912.