For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
“April 1929. Chancel window panes being fixed in. The church building. Foundation stone laid Aug. 8 1928, by Mrs Carr. Opened Jan. 17th 1930 by Rev R.G.M. Calderwood and native ministers from Kikuyu and Tumutumu.” Exterior view showing Dr Irvine placing in a window during the construction of the chancel. The new church was designed and built by Dr Irvine, the chancel contained seven gothic windows with blue and grey leaded lights. ❧ Image from the collection of Dr Archibald Clive Irvine (1893-1974) showing the early years of the Chogoria mission, established near Mt Kenya in 1922 and run by Dr Irvine, ministering to the Chuka and Mwimbi peoples.