For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
“Teacher’s House and Cattle Kraal at the Lake Shore.” Exterior view of cattle in an enclosure and a house in the background. The Livingstonia mission station was established by Robert Laws (1851-1934) in 1891and the main route to the site was from Lake Nyasa [Malawi] Port Stuart was the main landing site where people and supplies would land before being transported by porters, until the road was built, up to the plateau where Livingstonia was situated. ❧ Album containing photographs recording a voyage up the Shire River and scenes from the Livingstonia mission.