For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. email@example.com
Sunday 15th August 1926 [listed left to right] Rev Dr Arthur, Rev Mr Stevenson, Mr Barlow". External view of Reverend Stevenson providing church service outside. Mr Barlow (pictured) was the nephew of the late Dr David Clement Ruffelle Scott, head of the Church of Scotland mission at Blantyre in Nyasaland. The Kikuyu Mission had been founded on a temporary site by the Imperial British East Africa Company in 1891, before moving to Kikuyu territory in 1898, under the Rev. Thomas Watson. Located on the ‘lower shamba’, the site stands 12 miles from Nairobi, at a distance of approximately 342 miles away from the coast. The Church of Scotland assumed control of the Mission in 1901. ❧ "A Series of Photos illustrating Life and Work at Kikuyu. August 1926. Rev W.B. Stevenson.