From notes on photo: “Olive Park Stadium.” The stadium was dedicated in 1947 to soldiers killed in WWII and in early years was home to the St. Louis Browns spring training. The stands were demolished in 1995, though the fields themselves remain. The park was renamed George Izay Park in 1984. This photo is likely from the 1980s as disrepair of the stands can be seen in the image.
nonprojected graphic 3 1/2" x 5" b&w photo
islandora:266 local: cco00203
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Baseball fields--Stadiums--Olive Memorial Stadium--Parks and Recreation--Urban Parks--Sports--Baseball--Bleachers--George Izay Park--Olive Park--1980s