For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. email@example.com
"Church from S.E." Exterior view of church and grounds at Blantyre, Nyasaland [Malawi]. The red brick church was built between the years 1888 and 1891 using local labour and local materials. It was built under the direction and supervision of Rev. David Clement Scott. Scott was not an architect by training and did not draw up formal plans but his design was ambitious, and included domes, arches and flying buttresses.