Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of the Mr. & Mrs. John Wehrman residence, located on Via Colonita in Miraleste. View looking southeast shows Los Angeles Harbor and the community of San Pedro in background with the two-story stucco house, tile roof, chimney and attached two-car garage visible in foreground. Also visible is a portion of the caravan of 300 automobiles commemorating the opening of the new Palos Verdes Coast Highway, dedicated on July 31, 1926. The caravan was several miles long, going westward up the hill from San Pedro by way of Ninth Street and Western Avenue, entering Miraleste, and continuing past Portuguese Bend, Lunada Bay, to the center of Redondo. (For more information on the caravan, see cover story of "Palos Verdes Bulletin," August 1926.) Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association No building permit card located.
1 photographic print (b/w); 7.25 x 9 in.
pvld:1748 000017889 1364
Houses--California--Rancho Palos Verdes (Miraleste) Wehrman residence Los Angeles Harbor (Calif.) Roads--California--History Caravans