This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Shown in circa 1970 is one of two large palms sitting within the rose garden at McKinley Park. As of the end of the twentieth century, it stood as one of 130 All-American Rose Selection display gardens. The 1.5 acre spot - it's specialties being the tree rose and blooming perennials - was planted with 400 original plants in 1922. The area occupied by the garden had been the park's baseball diamond.