Title supplied by cataloger. John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson designed the 1939 Union Station, located at 800 North Alameda Street. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Modern style, with Moorish architectural details. Gladding, McBean & Co made most of the tile in the station. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development, officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). The station was designated Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101 in 1972 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Building #80000811 in 1980.; In 1968, the Methodist Headquarters Building was renamed the Biscailuz Building, in honor of Los Angeles County Sheriff Eugene Biscailuz, who had helped Christine Sterling in her struggle to save this historic section of Los Angeles. Looking east across Alameda Street from one of the upper floors of the Methodist Headquarters Building, located at 125 Marchessault Street (renamed E. Sunset Boulevard and later Paseo de la Plaza), towards Los Angeles Union Station in June 1948. To the right of the station is a Los Angeles Gas Company gas holder (gasometer).
1 slide :color ;5 x 5 cm. Photographic color slides
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Los Angeles Gas Company Railroad stations--California--Los Angeles Terminals (Transportation)--California--Los Angeles Parking lots--California--Los Angeles Automobiles--California--Los Angeles Gasholders Streets--California--Los Angeles Art deco (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences Palms--California--Los Angeles Electric lines--Poles and towers Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Alameda Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Slides Parkinson, John,1861-1935 Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945