From notes on photo: “Olive Park – 1940s.” The stadium was dedicated in 1947 to soldiers killed in WWII and in early years was home to the St. Louis Browns spring training. The stands were demolished in 1995, though the fields themselves remain. The park was renamed George Izay Park in 1984.
nonprojected graphic 7 x 9 b&w print
islandora:285 local: cco00225
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Parks and Recreation--Baseball fields--Urban Parks--Stadiums--Olive Memorial Stadium--George Izay Park--Olive Park--1940s