This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Date Created and/or Issued
Los Angeles (Calif.).Department of Recreation and Parks
Photograph was edited for publication purposes Camp Radford, which opened in 1919, is located near Barton Flats, in the San Bernardino Mountains, at an elevation of 5,700 feet. It includes facilities for up to 260 campers and is operated by the Los Angeles Dept. of Recreation and Parks under permit from the National Forest Service. Photograph caption dated August 6, 1956 reads, "Taking over for mother - Mrs. Arthur C. Carrie, president, Verdugo Hills Council PTA, standing, takes over small fry for handicraft and story hour, while mothers get a rest. Here, in Indian costume, she assists Richard and John Zoraster, Hayvenhurst, and Maurine Hoyt, Rio Vista PTA family juniors, in a bit of spatter painting. Varied handicraft activities highlight stay of youngsters in mountains. Expert guidance and advice is given by PTA leaders. Flora of area serves as material in youngsters' undertakings."; See images #00145442 through #00145447 for all photos in this series.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints