Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: The old Analy Movie Theatre on North Main circa 1960. To the left is the J. C. Hobson building built in 1925 which housed the Art Point Studio business owed by Charles R. Myers from 1917 to 1966. The Methodist Church and bell tower are visible at the right. The P&SR railroad tracks are visible running down Main. The Analy Theater at 364 North Main Street was built in 1948 and torn down in 1974. Currently (2009) the Safeway parking lot occupies the spot where the Analy once stood. Typed label identifies the scene.