Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Methodist Church. Its predecessor, the first Methodist Church -- actually, the Methodist Episcopal Church, was dedicated September 11, 1886, built for $9,557 to hold 500 people, at the corner of Primrose and Olive. It was replaced in 1912 by this church built on the Southwest corner of Palm and Ivy Avenues. See John L. Wiley, History of Monrovia, 1927, p 230. Church Theoriginal church trustees are E.F'. Spence, W.A. Pile, W.N. Monroe, E.W. Little, A.T. Taylor, B. Bradley and c. Shelling. Monrovia Planet January 29,1887. Vol 1 No.11.