Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Spanishtown was located in Deep Gulch, at the base of Mine Hill. The area was home to a largely Mexican population, some of whom were brought directly from Mexico to New Almaden to work in the mines. Spanishtown had a one-room schoolhouse, cantina and Catholic Church. Photo mounted on red board by four corner mounts. Typewritten label below photo: "Spanish Town in the 1870's." On back of photo: Handwritten in ink: "Spanish Town 1870's. New Almaden Quicksilver MInes, Calif. Please credit New Almaden Historical Society."
Black & White, Copy Print
New Almaden Quicksilver Mines (Calif.) Mexicans--California--History (LCSH)