Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Color photographic postcard image shows view of St. Francis Episcopal Church, located at 2200 Via Rosa in the North Plaza. Visible from left to right is the chapel, Parish Hall, and Christian Education Building. St. Francis Episcopal Church was dedicated on July 26, 1952. The chapel architect was Walter Swindell Davis (1887-1973), also known for his design of La Venta Inn, and the construction was under the direction of Robert Allen. The chapel has 14 stained glass windows designed by John Wallis of the Wallis-Wiley Studios in Pasadena, illustrating the story of the Christian faith from creation through early church history. Postcard is printed on reverse with "...situation at the North Plaza in a lovely setting on Santa Monica Bay, 25 miles from Los Angeles", "Little and Company, Los Angeles, Calif" [publishers] with a monogram "K", numbered "48300." Date Built: 1952