unknown Copyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Pastori's Resort just outside of Fairfax, California, opened in 1905. It had its own train stop and catered to San Franciscans who enjoyed dining in the open-air country atmosphere. The Pastori property was purchased by Emporium Capwell in 1925, and became the Emporium Country Club, a resort for their employees. In 1943, Max Friedman bought the property and in 1944 he re-opened the resort as the Marin Town & Country Club. Over time, Friedman added swimming pools, dance floors and summer cabins.