Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows group portrait of speakers from the Neptune statue's dedication ceremony. Identified as, left to right, Myron Hunt, C. Herrick Hammond, Mr. J. Monroe Hewlett, Jay Lawyer, Emile Pozzo, Vice-Counsul Ponce de Leon, Mrs. H.L. Carnahan, Lt.-Gov. Carnahan, and Walter J. Braunschweiger. Created by an unknown artist in the 17th century as a copy after the original 16th century bronze fountain by Giambologna, the sculpture was imported from Italy by the collector, Arnoldo Adolfo di Segni in the late 1920s, purchased from him by the Palos Verdes Project and dedicated in Malaga Plaza on February 16, 1930. The sculpture was restored and rededicated in 1969 and 1999. Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, March 1930, p. 3. Two prints available.