This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This 1951 photograph shows Raley’s Grocery Store as it sits within the 21-unit Tallac Village Shopping Center at Fourteenth Avenue and Sixtieth Street. The 17,000-square-foot structure was designed to feature the newest ideas in the super-market industry: quick checkout, air-conditioning, and background music. The entire shopping center--constructed of redwood--consisted of the market and three other shops.