Centre for the Study of World Christianity Contact the repository for details. The University of Edinburgh School of Divinity, New College, Mound Place, Edinburgh EH1 2LX, United Kingdom divinity-CSWC@ed.ac.uk http://www.cswc.div.ed.ac.uk/collections/
"Dedication of Church in the White Highlands" Photograph of the dedication of a church in Kenya. The church is a small building with a red tiled roof. A group is gathered to watch the dedication ceremony. A missionary can be seen standing at the head of the group conducting the ceremony. This belongs to a series of Church of Scotland Foreign Missions Committee lantern slides relating to the Kikuyu Mission in Kenya, which was set up by Church of Scotland missionaries. Hospitals were established by Scottish missionaries in Kikuyu in 1908, in Tumutumu in 1909, and in Chogoria in 1922. The missionaries also introduced the Presbyterian Church to the area. The Kikuyu are Kenya's most populous ethnic group.
1 lantern slide : 8 x 8 cm. lantern slides
impa-m68762 [Legacy record ID] imp-cswc-GB-237-CSWC47-LS7-049.tif http://doi.org/10.25549/impa-m68762 http://thumbnails.digitallibrary.usc.edu/imp-cswc-GB-237-CSWC47-LS7-049.jpg
Church buildings Rites and ceremonies Religious gatherings Group portraits