"The Dispensary." African compounder with medicine bottles in the dispensary attached to Ilesha hospital. From a set of lantern slides entitled "Ilesha" introducing and describing Wesleyan Methodist work at the hospital and medical mission at Ilesha, a Yoruba town, the former capital of a kingdom ruled over by an Owa. Medical work began in 1916 with the opening of a dispensary. The construction of a hospital followed in the 1920s.