This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Clarence W. Pierce School of Agriculture is a two-year community college in Woodland Hills, California. It opened in September 1947, with 70 students and 18 faculty members and is part of the Los Angeles Community College District. The school's initial focus was crop cultivation and animal husbandry, and still retains a large swatch of open fields for hands-on working farm training. In 1956 the school was renamed Los Angeles Pierce College. Photograph caption dated September 4, 1963 reads "With the opening of school Sept. 16, students at Pierce College in Woodland Hills will occupy four new buildings. The new buildings have been constructed at a cost of $2 million provided by funds from a 1960 bond issue. They are a student union or campus center, women's physical education building, life science building and business-secretarial science building. The campus center, shown here, features a large student lounge and additional rooms to be used by faculty and student organizations."
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00119968 Valley Times Collection HCNVT_d023_f29_i17 CARL0005384680 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/52882
Los Angeles Pierce College Men--California--Los Angeles Trees--California--Los Angeles Community colleges--California--Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) College buildings--California--Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) Woodland Hills (Los Angeles, Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs