For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
"Four St. Ursula Girls depart to join The Training College in Poona." Group portrait of four young indigenous girls, pictured beside the railway, about to depart for training college to become Christian teachers. Mrs Margaret Cooper was responsible for much of the Girls orphanages and schools established in Nagpur and St. Ursula’s was set up by her at Sitabaldi. Education at the girls' school was largely improved by Miss Small, who worked at Nagpur from 1882 to 1934. The school was officially recognised by the Government in 1913 and had its building improved in 1923. The first Girls’ School was Established 10 Sept. 1849 and was, in fact, attended for a short period by Lulloo Bai, sister of the principal Queen who had asked her to relay what she was taught, before relatives had her removed.