Title supplied by cataloger.; Photo reproduced by Zephyr. Glendora was founded on April 1, 1887 by George D. Whitcomb and was officially incorporated as a City in 1911. In the mid-1930s, nearly all of the city's 4,500 acres of land were cultivated for citrus fruit; by the late 1950s agriculture had given way to large-scale residential development. As of 2006, population of the city known as the "Pride of the Foothills" was estimated at 51,608. Four people are pictured in front of the ranch home of William B. Cullen, early Glendora settler and charter member of the First Christian Church; two of them are atop a horse-drawn vehicle. William Bryant Cullen was also a member of the Glendora Lemon Association, and it is recorded that on September 24, 1902 he delivered 48 boxes of lemons weighing 2,866 lbs and nearly twice as much the following day.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints