This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Original photograph has several light colored stains. The name of the library was changed from North Hollywood Sidney Lanier Regional Branch to North Hollywood Amelia M. Earhart Regional Branch in 1980. Photograph caption dated June 5, 1957 reads "Library officials and civic leaders dedicate remodeled and enlarged North Hollywood Library. From left are Mrs. Marvin A. Sirbu, dedication chairman; Mrs. Royu Slater, president, North Hollywood Co-ordinating Council; Harold Hamill, city librarian, and Mrs. Elza Blanshard, regional librarian."
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00131246 Valley Times Collection HCNVT_d036_f28_i20 CARL0005543733 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/62089
Hamill, Harold L Blanchard, Elza Los Angeles Public Library.--North Hollywood Branch Los Angeles Public Library--Officials and employees Women--California--Los Angeles Women librarians--California--Los Angeles Women library employees--California--Los Angeles Librarians--California--Los Angeles Civic leaders--California--Los Angeles Regional libraries--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) Branch libraries--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) Public libraries--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Libraries--California--Los Angeles Library buildings--California--North Hollywood (Los Angeles) Corsages--California--Los Angeles North Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Group portraits Portrait photographs Valley Times Collection photographs