First choir of the Church of Angels, located at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena, is posing for a group photo. Each member is holding what looks like a hymnal. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza.