This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the Fair Use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 section 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Tulare County Library, 200 W. Oak Ave., Visalia, CA 93291; Phn: 559-713-2700; Fax: 559-737-4586.
About 1920, the Tulare, CA, city fire department purchased this Pope-Hartford truck, shown here with an unidentified driver. This was Tulare's first motorized fire truck. The firehouse was located on the west side of the 100 block of South K Street. (Photo courtesy of Gladys Barnes)