Public domain Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use.
Opening Day of the Olive Mill." The Olive flour mill was one of Orange County's first industries. The original mill was built in 1882, and was destroyed by fire in September 1889. The second mill opened on April 8, 1890. The three-story, 40 x 50 foot main building was located near the northeast corner of Oceanview and Lincoln Avenue. To the right is a brick warehouse. Both mills ran on water power supplied by the main irrigation canal of the Santa Ana Valley Irrigation Company. For additional photos from opening day, see CFLS_127, 186-187. The mill building was demolished in 1932. The warehouse was torn down in the 1960s.
http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/c8h993x1 CFLS_188 glass negative 556, binder number 246