This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the Fair Use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 section 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Tulare County Library, 200 W. Oak Ave., Visalia, CA 93291; Phn: 559-713-2700; Fax: 559-737-4586.
This gas house, photographed in 1888 in Tulare, CA, was founded by Ezra Lathrop, provided the community with gas for lighting. (Photo courtesy of Roger Helm)