This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the Fair Use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 section 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Tulare County Library, 200 W. Oak Ave., Visalia, CA 93291; Phn: 559-713-2700; Fax: 559-737-4586.
Built in 1910, the Taurusa School at Road 140 and Avenue 352 north of Visalia, CA, is shown here in 1946 for the photo of the first and second grades. Left to right are (back row) Teacher Mrs. Bessie Swanson, Freddie Martin, Patricia McBride, Glen Lantrip, Dale McCullough, Lucille Ricker, Dick Wilder, Marie West, Maureen Thorpe (Anderson), Josephine Soto, Joe Reis, and (unknown) Franklin. The front row includes (left to right) Richard Brooks, Helen (unknown) Katie Addington, Alice Turner, Helene Finley, Patricia (unknown), Consuelo Estrada, Erving Sullivan, Buddy Lawson, and A. B. Payen. (Photo courtesy of Maureen Anderson)
http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/c8v40sc3 tcs0304 SE 0117