This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the Fair Use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 section 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Tulare County Library, 200 W. Oak Ave., Visalia, CA 93291; Phn: 559-713-2700; Fax: 559-737-4586.
When the Venice Hill Store was built in 1912 in Ivanhoe, CA, the town officially was dedicated as Venice Hill rather than Ivanhoe. The name change occurred in the winter of 1927-28. The Venice Hill Store was built by the Venice Hill Land Development Company. Originally a general store, it later became the Ivanhoe Hardware Co., which was in business in this building until ca 2000. (Photo courtesy of Jerry Hobbs)