Public domain Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use.
The Orange County Jail, looking south. Completed in 1897, the grounds were landscaped by convict labor during the winter of 1897-98. The building was located at what is now the southwest corner of Sycamore and Civic Center Drive. In 1900-01, the old Orange County Courthouse was built just south of the jail. In 1924, a new jail opened across the street, and the old building was torn down. The footprint of the 1897 jail is now marked in the parking lot adjoining the Old County Courthouse.
http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/c8vx0f8j CFLS_075 binder number 109