Jim Bundschu in the Rhinefarm vineyard, Vineburg (Sonoma), Calif., circa 1970s Rhinefarm Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma Valley Vintage Reserve; Sonoma Valley Vintage Reserve Rhinefarm Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Gundlach Bundschu Winery Luna Imaging, Inc. 2702 Media Center Drive Los Angeles, CA 90065-1733 http://www.lunaimaging.com)
Sonoma County Library, 211 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 https://sonomalibrary.org The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo .
Shows Jim Bundschu of Gundlach Bundschu Winery standing next to a century plant at the edge of a Rhinefarm vineyard. Gundlach Bundschu Winery in Vineburg, California, in the Sonoma Valley, was founded in 1858 by Jacob Gundlach as J. Gundlach & Co.; the winery closed in 1919 due to Prohibition. Between the end of Prohibition and 1970, most of the land was sold and the remaining vineyards produced grapes sold to other wineries. Jim Bundschu, great grandson of Jacob Gundlach's business partner and successor, Charles Bundschu, resurrected the winery in 1970 under the name Vineburg Wine Company, and in 1973, restored the name Bundschu Gundlach Winery. Photographer unknown. GNIS 15 Title supplied by cataloger. Local History Digital Resources Project (LHDRP) (2010/2011) Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) and the California State Library Services. Digitized as part of the 2010-2011 Local History Digital Resource Project sponsored by the California State Library. A version of this digital item available through the Calisphere website http://www.calisphere.universityofcalifornia.edu); a finding aid for the Calisphere collection is availble through the Online Archives of California http://www.oac.cdlib.org High resolution master image (600ppi) RGB Adobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
1 photographic print black and white 13 x 18 cm. image/jp2 39280640 image/tiff 8 600 Uncompressed 4000 3271