This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the fair use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the California History and Genealogy Room, Fresno County Public Library, 2420 Mariposa St., Fresno, CA 93721-2285; (559) 488-3195, press #3, then #5.
Picture of Pollasky Elementary School, built ca. 1910 on Friant Road, Calif. Constructed in Western Stick architectural style. The structure was later moved to the Fort Washington Elementary School campus at Friant Road and Copper Avenue, where it was destroyed by fire sometime after 1950. The Pollasky District was created in 1892, annexed by the Millerton District in 1894, re-created in 1905, and merged with the Friant District to form the Friant Union District in 1945. The union district was in turn incorporated into the Sierra Joint Union High, which became later, Sierra Unified School District.