For information on copyrights and permissions, please contact Orange Public Library, Orange, California.
Palmyra Hotel on South Glassell at Palmyra, Orange, California, 1900. Built by Charles Z. Culver, opened on July 28, 1887. Image shows interior view of a parlor with a piano in the corner, several paintings on the walls, and several chairs and tables, lamps and other furniture placed around a large floral carpet. The hotel was sold to various different owners, among them W. Fowler in 1889, and James Nunn in 1905. Rooms rented as apartments until 1955. Hotel was razed in February, 1970, later becoming the site of the Santiago Bank, constructed in 1979. Photographic print B&w 27.9 x 35.2 cm.