For information on copyrights and permissions, please contact Orange Public Library, Orange, California.
Photograph taken of the Ainsworth House, before restoration was finished in 1981. Located at 414 East Chapman Avenue in Orange, California, this was the first building in Orange to be recognized in the National Register of Historic Places. Originally built in 1910 by Lewis Ainsworth, founder of Ainsworth Lumber and father of Mayor Frank Ainsworth (served 1918-1920), and designed by his daughter, Ina Ainsworth Butler, the house was purchased by the City of Orange in 1976 for restoration as a heritage house. Image shows partial view of back [?] of the house. [See also OPL3169 for another view] [Photograph was printed in June of 1983] Photographic print Color 8.8 x 12.9 cm.