This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the fair use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the California History and Genealogy Room, Fresno County Public Library, 2420 Mariposa St., Fresno, CA 93721-2285; (559) 488-3195, press #3, then #5.
Picture of fifteen-story Sullivanesque architectural styled bank building in Fresno, California, located at 1060 Fulton Street. It was dedicated on January 19, 1925 with the opening of the Fidelity Branch of the Pacific Southwest Trust and Savings Bank, then known as the Security First National Bank. Noted as the tallest building between Oakland and Los Angeles at that time. On top of the building, there was a flagpole, supporting a beacon 315 feet above the sidewalk. The revolving light was intended as an airplane beacon and for frost and storm warnings to farmers within a 35 mile radius.