Public domain Material is in the public domain. No restrictions on use.
Title from item. Negative number in Oakland History Room's collection: F-1285. "Collection Behrman" and "1889 Oakland Cal" is inscribed on the image, although steam trains, operated by the Oakland Railroad Co., ceased operation along this route in 1887 after public disapproval. The photograph is a view looking southward down Telegraph Avenue from the bridge crossing Temescal Creek at what is now 51st Street in the Temescal district of Oakland. The structure at the left was intact in 1974, according to notes on the photograph.