This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the fair use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the California History and Genealogy Room, Fresno County Public Library, 2420 Mariposa St., Fresno, CA 93721-2285; (559) 488-3195, press #3, then #5.
Picture of Riverdale High School, built in 1915-1916. Ernest J. Kump was the architect, and Trewitt-Shields Company, contractor. It was located slightly east of town on Mount Whitney Avenue. Constructed with Romanesque Revival architectural elements but the structure was razed in the mid-1950s and a new campus erected on the same site. The Riverdale Joint Union High School became later, Riverdale Joint Union School District, which was created in 1912.