This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the fair use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the California History and Genealogy Room, Fresno County Public Library, 2420 Mariposa St., Fresno, CA 93721-2285; (559) 488-3195, press #3, then #5.
First constructed as the two-story Hutchinson Building in 1885 and remodeled extensively in 1889 by the Fresno Loan and Savings Bank, with two additional stories and an elevator. The bank became insolvent in 1895 and the building was demolished ca. 1924 to make way for the Pacific Southwest (later, Security Bank) Building.