Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows elevated view looking northwest, with the tower of Malaga Cove School, located at 385 Via Almar in Malaga Cove, visible at far right. Three automobiles are visible parked along Via Almar in foreground, with three residences visible in background at left, identified (left to right) as the Edward Martin residence (424 Paseo del Mar); the Haggarty Estate (under construction, 421 Paseo del Mar); and the H.L. Schmidt residence (408 Paseo del Mar.) Santa Monica Bay is visible in the distance. The grammar school, built for a cost of $85,000, opened on April 5, 1926 and received an Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects for the most notable school architecture in Southern California for the years 1925-26. Date Built: 1925 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, March 1928, p. 3. PVH building permit #49; two prints available, with copy print taken by Robert C. Schaeffer, Palos Verdes Estates.
1 photographic print (b/w); 7.25 x 9.25 in.
pvld:2802 bar code: 000030999 negative number: 554 http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt5b69q8w3