Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of Harry and Mary Ann Phillips sitting in a buggy in front of the "Red Barn"on the Phillips Ranch. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates. Harry Phillips (b. 1867) came to Southern California in 1887 and worked as ranch manager for George Bixby starting in 1894. This photo was taken in 1912, the year of the last roundup of cattle on the Phillips Ranch. Date Built: 1910
1 photographic print (b/w); 3.5 x 5.75 in.
pvld:2871 bar code: 000031682 negative number: 464 http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt5r29q9bx
Horse-drawn vehicles Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates Portraits, Group