The Northwestern Pacific interurban railroad and bus depot at Lytton Square
Roy D. Graves
Date Created and/or Issued
1940 1954, 1960, 1997
Mill Valley Public Library The Academy Library Guild, Fresno, California. Second Revised Edition by Howell-North Books; Potrero Meadow Publishing Company, P.O Box 269, Mill Valley, CA 94942 (415) 454-2769
Copyrighted Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Images from the Mill Valley Public Library will be credited with the standard credit line: Courtesy of the Lucretia Little History Room, Mill Valley Public Library (and to the photographer or creator if known). This credit line is to appear alongside the reproduction. If a publication or film/video production uses material it may appear at the end. Mill Valley Public Library Mill Valley Public Library History Room, 375 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley, CA, 94941, 415-389-4292 x131 1940 Copyright by Mill Valley Public Library
One railroad passenger car and several buses are seen at the Northwestern Pacific Railroad station at Lytton Square. Photo was taken in 1940 just several days before the last interurban commuter electric train was replaced by Greyhound buses and automobiles. One track from the defunct Mill Valley and Mount Tamalpais Railway is seen on the right. The top of Mount Tamalpais may be seen towards the upper left hand portion of the photo.